3d. Manual Voices-only
This page is for manual install only. To install automatically, please go back to the introduction page, and follow the instructions
So, you like the Ryukishi art. I get it, I also like it a lot. In that case, we got you covered.
Beware that some bugs and features might be missing in the voice-only patch, as compared to the 'full patch'.
Manual Install Instructions (not recommended)¶
Manually installing the game is not recommended unless you have problems with the automatic installer.
MAC USERS ONLY - Various Gotchas¶
- When overwriting one folder with another on Mac, it by default entirely replaces the folder rather than merging. To fix this see the instructions for "Merge two folders with the same name" here: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH25633?locale=en_US
- MacOSX has some security features which can prevent the game running correctly. Please follow the install instructions closesly so this doesn't happen.
|Chapter||Script (0.utf) |
(Right-Click Save As…)
|Question Arcs Ch.1~4||Download 0.u||Download||Windows |
|Answer Arcs Ch.5~8||Download 0.u||Download||Windows |
Installing the patch¶
- Find and open your game folder (open your Steam library, choose the game from the list, right click on it and click on
Properties. Switch to the
LOCAL FILEStab and click on
Browse local files...)
- Rename the file
0_old.utf(Backup the original script)
- Download the
0.u, and place it inside the game folder. MacOSX Only: you might need to rename the
- Download the Umineko Voices
.zip, and extract it inside the game folder. You should now have a folder called
voiceinside the root directory of the game
This step differs depending on your operating system
- Windows, Linux: Download the Windows/Linux executable, and overwrite the existing executable in the game folder
- MacOSX: Download the zip file, but extract it to a known good location like desktop/downloads/documents, OUTSIDE the game directory. This will give you a
.appfile. Only then, copy the
.appfile into the game directory. This is to avoid a MacOSX security feature which prevents the game from running correctly (will give you a 'script not found').
Answer Arcs only: Extract the file
UminekoChiruVO-Update1.zipthe game folder. Overwrite if asked.