3c. Manual Voices-only
This page is for manual install only. To install automatically, please go back to the introduction page, and follow the instructions
So, you like the Ryukishi art. I get it, I also like it a lot. In that case, we got you covered.
Beware that some bugs and features might be missing in the voice-only patch, as compared to the 'full patch'.
Manual Install Instructions (not recommended)¶
Manually installing the game is not recommended unless you have problems with the automatic installer.
MAC USERS ONLY - Various Gotchas¶
- When overwriting one folder with another on Mac, it by default entirely replaces the folder rather than merging. To fix this see the instructions for "Merge two folders with the same name" here: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH25633?locale=en_US
- MacOSX has some security features which can prevent the game running correctly. Please follow the install instructions closesly so this doesn't happen.
|Chapter||Script (0.utf) |
(Right-Click Save As…)
|Question Arcs Ch.1~4||Download 0.u||Download||Windows |
|Answer Arcs Ch.5~8||Download 0.u||Download||Windows |
Installing the patch¶
- Find and open your game folder (open your Steam library, choose the game from the list, right click on it and click on
Properties. Switch to the
LOCAL FILEStab and click on
Browse local files...)
- Rename the file
0_old.utf(Backup the original script)
- Download the
0.u, and place it inside the game folder. MacOSX Only: you might need to rename the
- Download and extract the Umineko Voices archive.
- When you extracted the voice archive, it should have generated an
arc5.nsafile. If you have the MangaGamer release, you MUST rename this file to
arc2.nsaso the game will detect it (otherwise you will get no voices). Steam users can skip this step (they should already have an
arc3.nsain their game folder).
This step differs depending on your operating system
- Windows, Linux: Download the Windows/Linux executable, and overwrite the existing executable in the game folder
- MacOSX: Download the zip file, but extract it to a known good location like desktop/downloads/documents, OUTSIDE the game directory. This will give you a
.appfile. Only then, copy the
.appfile into the game directory. This is to avoid a MacOSX security feature which prevents the game from running correctly (will give you a 'script not found').
Answer Arcs only: Extract the file
UminekoChiruVO-Update1.zipthe game folder. Overwrite if asked.